Like other Probe Electrification devices, the sensor measures the current created by particles passing and colliding with a grounded sensor rod inserted into the duct or stack. However, unique to ElectroDynamic™ instruments, the sensor electronics filter out the dc current created by particle collisions on the rod and measures an RMS signal within an optimised frequency bandwidth which results from the particles passing the rod. This signal, being independent of the rod surface condition, has a stable and repeatable relationship to dust concentration in many types of industrial applications.
- Core Features of the Technology are:
- Highly sensitive to dust levels below 0.1mg/m3 while still providing reliable monitoring when dust levels are highly contaminating at up to 500mg/m3
- Not affected by velocity variations within typical bagfilter velocity ranges of 8-20m/s.
- Unaffected by contamination on the sensor rod (which may cause signal drift in other types of probe electrification devices) and suitable for monitoring conductive dusts which ‘coat the sensor’ such as carbon black.
- Industrially hardened and intrinsically safe sensor options for hazardous zones (Gas and Dust), elevated temperatures up to 800°C and elevated pressures to 50 bar.
- When combined with a patented ElectroDynamic™ insulated sensor, may be used to provide a unique and unrivalled reliable measurement in humid processes and spray drier applications (MCERTS certified).