In many countries across the world, wet chemistry is defined as the reference method for SO2 measurement. That method involves manual steps and specific constraints for the operator.
The MIR 9000P – the portable instrument offering the lowest TUV certified range for SO2 – has been designed to help the operator save time and increase measurement process efficiency.
Time savings & efficiency
- Continuous & automated SO2 measurement provides a better understanding of real measurement fluctuations during on-site checks
- SO2 measurement results are available immediately
- Customer reports including SO2 measurement are no longer dependent on the return of results from a third-party analysis laboratory
- SO2 can be calibrated using a gas mixture containing CO and NO, and therefore does not require an additional standard bottle on site
- All the handling of a manual sampling system dedicated to SO2 on site is no longer necessary (saving time on set-up, use and handling).
- In the case of a regulatory inspection of a gas boiler (CO, NO and SO2), no manual operation is required. The operator is thus freed from this constraint and can optimize his time on site for other tasks, while the analyzer continuously measures CO, NO and SO2 parameters.
- The analyzer features an integrated flow boost function to save time during calibration (zero and standard). Two levels are available, enabling the flow rate to be increased to 45 l/h or 60 l/h, guaranteeing faster stabilization, and therefore shorter zero and standard calibration times.