The Quality Controller is responsible for ensuring parts and products meet the quality standards set by ENVEA, during goods-in and goods-out inspection, supporting the manufacturing process.
ENVEA manufactures a range of industrial pollution monitoring devices at their Cambridge site, which are sold worldwide.
The Quality Controller will ensure parts and products conform to agreed specifications, ENVEA quality standards and technical instructions.
The role will support the continuous development of the ENVEA quality culture, supported by robust processes and clear documentation. Liaising with Engineering, Operations teams, Quality Manager and Suppliers will be key to success.
ENVEA are always searching for people who want to continuously improve, take on complex new challenges and adopt our customer-orientated approach. Successful candidates will benefit from a permanent hands-on role in a busy, innovative environment that is consistently growing. You can take advantage of a competitive salary package, an Employee Assistance Program, 27 days annual leave, income protection, life assurance and many other site related benefits such as a cycle to work scheme, canteen privileges and more.
- Inspect parts through the goods-in process and assess conformance to ENVEA drawings and standards, using conventional inspection and test equipment
- Control goods-out product quality and conformance to defined ENVEA standards
- Work with the Operations team to maintain high-quality standards and meet the production schedule in an effective manner
- Work with the Operations Team to develop and document inspection processes, including supporting documentation
- Control inspection documentation by liaising with Engineering, Production Engineering and Supply Chain
- Create detailed inspection reports, and escalate quality issues to appropriate contacts, internal or external
- Manage and monitor relevant stock records in the company ERP system
- Assist Supply Chain in meetings with suppliers to follow up on non-conforming parts and implement corrective/preventative actions
- Assist on NPI process to implement adequate manufacturing quality controls or procedures
- Assist Production Engineering by providing feedback on quality issues
- Assist throughout the production areas and provide a flexible approach to production support with a focus on quality
- Internal: Operations Team, Quality Manager, Engineering Team, Supply Chain Team
- External: Suppliers, Auditors
Qualifications and Experience
- GCSE Maths & English grades A-C or equivalent
- Previous experience of quality inspection within an electromechanical manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Experience in production parts approval process
- Able to read and understand complex mechanical design drawings
- Awareness of existing quality standards
- Application of problem-solving methods
- Successful and demonstrable teamwork
- Good attention to detail
- IT literate
- Organised and able to plan
- Be a good communicator both orally and in writing.
- Problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Previous experience with engineering drawings
- Ability to write inspection reports
- Able to use conventional measuring equipment
- Empathy with the mission, vision, values and ethos of the company.
- Have a flexible can-do attitude.
- Have good time management and an ability to effectively prioritise tasks.
- Have good self-discipline, demonstrating reliability and dependability.
- Show commitment to problem resolutions.
The role is based at ENVEA House, Rose & Crown Road, Swavesey, Cambridgeshire CB24 4RB.
Occasional travel may be required to perform duties
Right To Work
Applications are open to all British Passport holders, people with a legal right to stay in the UK and overseas works with the correct work status for the UK.
Please check here for eligibility https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas