The role of Production Technician is to assemble ENVEA UK Ltd products to a high quality.
The role will enable the production of world-class products building on our award-winning reputation.
ENVEA manufacture a range of industrial pollution monitoring devices at their Cambridge, UK site which is sold throughout the world.
ENVEA are always searching for people who want to continuously improve, take on complex new challenges and adopt our customer-orientated approach. Successful candidates will benefit from a permanent hands-on role in a busy, innovative environment that is consistently growing. You can take advantage of a competitive salary package, an Employee Assistance Program, 27 days annual leave, income protection, life assurance and many other site related benefits such as a cycle to work scheme, canteen privileges and more.
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
• Assembly of ENVEA products in accordance with the relevant documentation.
• Work with Stores, Production, Test and Production Engineering teams to maintain high quality standards and meet the production schedule in an effective manner.
• Assist throughout the production areas and provide a flexible approach to production support with a focus on Assembly.
• Mechanical Assembly according with Technical drawings and BOMs.
• Provide build feedback to improve quality and product build.
• Provide technical feedback to help improve product Quality and support process improvements and cost reduction.
• Provide the necessary information to support supplier returns of faulty products.
Internal: Operations team and Engineering team.
Qualifications and Experience
• GCSE Math’s & English grades A-C or equivalent.
• Mechanical assembly experience.
• Experience of working with Technical drawings and BOMs.
• Experience of the following (essential): wiring, soldering, drilling, tapping, crimping etc.
• Electronics background useful but not essential.
• Previous exposure to a production/test environment.
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft products.
• Reading of mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately.
• Highly motivated and organised.
• Aptitude for practical science or engineering.
• Team player, methodical and accurate, with hands on approach.
• Empathy with the mission, vision, values and ethos of the company.
• Results oriented with a positive outlook.
• Able to react proactively to changes in business priorities.
• Good collaborative working and interpersonal communications skills.
• Flexible can do attitude.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management and an ability to effectively prioritise tasks.
• Good self-discipline, demonstrating reliability, dependability and tenacity.
• Show commitment to problem resolutions.
• Attention to detail.
• Logical and creative thinker.
• Keen to learn and apply knowledge.
• Passionate for high levels of customer service leading to customer respect and trust.
• Resilience; thrives in a high pressure environment.
The role is based at the UK head office at ENVEA House, Rose & Crown Road, Swavesey, Cambridgeshire CB24 4RB.
Occasional travel may be required to perform duties.
Right To Work
Applications are open to all British Passport holders, people with a legal right to stay in the UK and overseas works with the correct work status for the UK.
Please check here for eligibility https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas