The role of Area Sales Manager is to define, develop and execute sales plans and initiatives within the territory assigned to grow the ENVEA Group business globally.
The role will enable sales of world-class products building on our award-winning reputation.
Reports to: Executive Area Sales Manager for the defined territory
- Appoint, manage and motivate an existing and new distribution network throughout the territory, to ensure year on year growth.
- Support direct customers within assigned countries and applications.
- Create and implement a plan that identifies a path for growth within the allocated territory.
- Own and deliver on sales targets in the specified territory.
- Keep ENVEA IT systems (CRM and ERP) updated and use them to track performance and ensure that all communications with the market are correctly recorded and reported.
- Identify, develop and deliver new routes to market.
- Identify new product opportunities which could be sold through existing or new channels to market.
- Attend exhibitions, trade shows and conferences (give papers as appropriate) alone or with Product Manager support.
- Give seminars and technical presentations to distributors and end-users.
- Follow and report market trends.
- Contribute to the development of Business Plans for countries within the territory.
- Deliver high levels of customer service by responding promptly to channel enquires with technical and applications expertise for the ENVEA Group product range.
Travel to and within the defined territory: 25%-35% of the time
Sales territory: To be defined, but will be within Europe, Asia, Americas/ North and South, or Middle East
Internal: All departments potentially, mainly product management and marketing teams within manufacturing business units and regional subsidiaries
External: Distributors and other sales channels, end-users (especially key accounts)
- Fluent in English, with good written and verbal skills.
- Understanding of distributor-led sales in a business-to-business environment.
- Experience in managing international distribution networks.
- Knowledge of key environmental regulations and associated standards.
- Experience in industrial processes.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems.
- Familiarity with measurement instrumentation technologies.
- A track record of launching products to distribution channels.
- Demonstrate independent interest in technology.
- Show commitment to problem resolution using critical thinking.
- Resilient and thrives in a high-pressure environment.